Dental Health Community

drill a hole through a gold crown to perform root canal?

Is it difficult for dentist to drill a hole through a gold crown to perform root canal? I just have a crown on a cracked live tooth 1 day ago. I wore the crown for 2 weeks in temporary cement. No pain so the crown has final permanent cement. The procedure to take out the temporary cement, clean and final setting is very sensitive and slight pain. After that, there is no pain till now but only slight strange feeling sometimes. I can eat normal on it. But I m worried that Maybe it needs root canal in future as I read on internet, most of tooth that is crowned will end up getting root canal in life time So I m worried if the dentist can drill through my gold crown and perform root canal in future? Any one that has crown on lived tooth without root canal? how long do you have it? is it problematic in future? thank you very much

P/S: There might be some very slight pain sometimes in the tooth and I have to pay very much attention to notice it. I dont know if it is actually pain or just discomfort. I think it needs time to settle down