Dental Health Forum

facial pain

on 10/5/06 i went to the dentist complaining of pain to my upper left side. dentist found tooth #14 to be cracked opened with cavity. dentist then cleaned the tooth out and put a filling on it.two hours later after the numbness from the anesthetic wore of i had the worst pain in my life from the front of my scalp to by temples, behind my ear all the way to the back of my head. went to the ER was given darvocet which helped some until i got to the dentist the next morning . 10/6/06 route canal was done. the pain stopped replaced by soreness. I was given a prescription of more darvocet and amoxicillin 500mg. well the amoxicillin gave me bad side effects, nausea, vomitting, diarehea. so i stopped taking them. i notified the dentist 10/9/06 of the amoxicillin side effects i was then told i probably didn't need them and not to worry about taking another antibiotic. on 10/10/06 i awoke to find my face on the left side swollen and painful. i went back to the dentist i was then put on clindomycin which hepled with the pain and swelling until today 10/12/06. pain and swelling is back. went back to the dentist he said tooth is fine not moving no abcess on the gums doesnt hurt when i bite . continue with the antibiotics. at this point i am confused and don't know what to do.
I am not sure what you mean by "not moving no abscess on the gums doesn't hurt when I bite"I think the antibiotics in conjunctioin with further root canl treatment is necessary. The swelling has to abate and then the rct will be done.
GET AN OPINION FROM AN ENDODONTIST. GET A REFERRAL FROM FAMILY OR A FRIEND- DO THIS ON YOUR OWN, NOT THROUGH YOUR DENTIST SO THE OPINION WILL BE WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.