Dental Health Community

gum pain

Doc, I dipped tobacco for several years.  On several occasions during two of those years, I put tobacco in my upper gums.  I've stopped since last November.  Now, I'm feeling pain above one of my upper gums.  It's a constant throbbing pain (7-8 on  a scale of 1-10).  That area started to have a little sensitivity several weeks ago, but then racheted up into a painful situation three days ago.  There is a light-colored, tiny bump there--it feels mushy and painful to the touch.  I'm concerned about the prognosis (in fact, I'm scared to death).  I'm going to see a periodontist on Monday, but wanted to hear your thoughts on what's going on...plus treatment and recovery status.  Thanks!

This discussion is related to Worried about dental abscess, PLEASE help...appt this afternoon.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If the lesion is malignant, thr prognosis is generally good as long as the treatment is interviened early.