Dental Health Forum

longitudinal melanonychia and fluoride

After I had dental cleaning and fluoride treatment I noticed these brown streaks in five of my fingernails.  My thumb
actually has two of these streaks.  The streaks are from beginning of nail to the free edge.  Anyone else ever see this?    

So is your concern that your dental cleaning caused this?
No, not the cleaning but maybe the fluoride treatment?  Just trying to
figure out what I did before the lines showed up.

Family dr. thinks vit d deficiency so he did blood testing.  All cbc good except vit. d at 25.  He put me on 50000 units vit d once a week for 2 months then down to 1000 units a day.  I am at 4 weeks  and lines grow with my nail
but are still from beginning of nail to end of nail.  

Have fibromyalgia (18 years), tmj, endometriosis, chronic fatigue, etc.

Was just curious if you've ever seen this before after fluoride treatment.

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.