Dental Health Community

lump on jaw

Over the past couple days I've been having some pain in my jaw (not affiliated with a tooth) and today I noticed a swollen bump right on the jaw line on the right hand side in between the chin and the back part of the jaw near the ear.  The pain has been throbbing and has radiated all along the right side of my face, primarily including the inner right ear, the right temple, and of course the right side of my jaw.  In the past, my dentist has monitored me for TMJ and has only noticed clicking on the left side of my jaw (which is why I'm concerned that this may not be TMJ related).  I have previously had a lump on this side of my face, but it was dismissed by my dentist and my oral surgeon as a minor swelling/potential abcess (though it was never diagnosed as such and that lump was on the right side of my face but in the middle of the cheek and again, not affiliated with the teeth or jaw).  Can anyone advise as to what this may be or give me advise as to what I should do next?  Thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing an oral medicine specialist is advised.

You really do need to be reevaluated.  A lump in that area can be many things from the start of a tooth abscess, a swollen lymph node, or the beginnings of cystic acne.  

Only medical personal that can visually see and evaluate you will really help.
Please call your dentist or medical doctor and see one.

Best to you and I hope you find out what it is.
Gellia