Dental Health Forum

lump under tongue that disappeared and is now back

I have a lump that started under my tongue a couple of weeks ago. After about 5 days it was red and sore when I tried to eat. Someone told me to suck on lemon slices (don't laugh). I tried this and the next day it was already alot smaller. After another day of sucking on lemon slices it was almost completely gone.  A week and a half later it has appreared again.  Sucking on the lemon slices again, and it is growing alot smaller. What in the world can this be? I have been under alot of stress. It is not like a canker sore where food juices make it burn, it only hurts if something hits it. I forgot to mention on the fifth day when it was at its worst, it had a clear bubble at the top.
It is possible that a salivary duct is blocked. I would see an oral surgeon for the definitive diagnosis.
i have this small red lump on my gums.. just above my front teeth.. it doesn't really hurt.but wat im worried about is that it's been there since that part of my gums started aching.. now, although it doesnt hurt anymore, that lump is still there, it's never gotten smaller. please reply thanks!
ok i also had a lump appear under my tounge however it happened when i was sick so i thought maybe it had to do with the cold a swollen gland or something.  and it went away after a few days.  now it is back... it is right under the tip almost at the front of it on the underside.  it is irritated also, so always sore, but that may be because it is always scraping my teath because of where it is.  anyways i also had a spot "white" lack of pigment in a circle appear to the right of my right eye.  not sure if these coinside with each other.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.