Dental Health Forum

lump under tongue that is sore and getting larger

I am 21, and i have a lump under my tongue. Its the size of a pea and very sensitive and painful. Havent been to dentis since i was 12. I was wondering what this could be and ho to take care of it? I am a smoker.
Any other symptoms besides the fact that there's a lump?  Does it change in size, does it bleed, is it really firm and hard or is it more "squishy?"  It would be best to either see a dentist or your primary care physician to get it checked out.  
Its squishy and it changes size everyday
It may be a blocked salivary gland.  You should get it checked out by your primary care physician.  Or your dentist can make a referral as well
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.