Dental Health Forum

medical mystery

I keep getting a clear bump on my bottom lip and it is painful and annoying. It pops very easily but it usually comes back easily back over night. I've been to the doctor several times for it and it somehow remains a medical mystery. What could it be?
Does it come and go during meals/eating time?

Could be a mucocele?
Do they continuously come back in the same spot as soon as they pop?
Well a mucocele is a severed salivary gland.  So it forms a bubble that fills with saliva when you eat or salivate then goes away on its own.  I think that if it pops, it will come back.  

Well it goes away for about 2 or 3 months and comes back in a different spot but always on my lower lip and it really has me very nervous
That's unusual.  Did they biopsy it?
Yes I don't know what it is and they hurt and if there's something I could do to prevent them I would love to know what it is.
Is it an aphthous ulcer?  Or perhaps herpes?  (canker sore or cold sore)?
I got a culture done on it and it was clear I just don't understand what it is
And canker sores and ulcers kinda look large and white this is small and clear and it gets raise
What did the culture say on it?  What about a biopsy?
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.