Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

my 6 month old baby girl's tongue

My 6 month old daughter just got out of hospital, the doctors didn't know what was wrong with her. She had a sore throught and a cough. Then her left eye started to puss. The she was not eating or drinking as much. Then two days after her eye started to puss she got what looked like a blister on her lip and a feaver of 38. That night I noticed she was drinking her bottle with trouble. The next day when I was feeding her lunch she would not eat. I then noticed under her tongue was extreamly sowllen and very red it kind of look like it was bleeding, but was not. I took her to the hospital right away, they admitted her right away. None of the doctors knew what was wrong with her. Over the period of 3 days it went down. It is still sowllen, but no longer big and red. I'm extreamly worried. Can anyone help me?
3 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
If multiple acute eruptions of blister are present, it's generally associated with viral infection. The most common viral infection of your child is primary herpes simplex infection. Cell culture is the gold standard to establish the definite diagnosis.Seeing a pediatrician is advised.
She only has one blister on her lip and she has never gotten another one. I'm very worried about the thing under her tongue. under her tongue is still sowllen. It's no longer red and as large as it was when I first noticed it. I have taken her to the doctor, I'm waiting for her to get in to see a ear, nose and throught doctor. I'm very worried about the condition under her tongue.
could you please tell me a little about primary herpes simplex. How could this affect my baby?
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.