Dental Health Community

my girlfriend has a bad breath problem

My girlfriend has a severe bad breath problem. She smokes regularly and has tried to quit many times. I consulted a dentist many times but problem persists. Wondering if we should visit a hypnotherapist.
A dental examination is important for detecting the cause of your symptoms. It is possible that there could be an abscess or retention of debris under the bridge. A loose crown can lead to lodgement of bacteria under it and cause bad odour.Other causes of bad breath from mouth are tooth decay, sinus disease or gum diseases or reflux disease. Tonsilloliths can also cause bad breath, sore throat, white debris, difficulty in swallowing and tonsillar swelling .These are only possibilities. Seeing a doctor for accurate diagnosis is important. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
I went to coastal dental in 2007 big mistake. they did 4 root canals and crowns 2 in the back 2 in the front. lost both 2 years later in the back and now have an infection in one in the front. only teeth to have an issue are the ones those people touched, sad as it maybe ive decided to pull all of my top teeth and get dentures. its so much cheaper than trying to save 2 teeth i could lose anyway after spending all that money on.