Dental Health Community

numb chin and lip

I have had numbness on the left side of my bottom lip and it runs down to the left side of my chin I had a really big knot on the left side of my face when I went to the er the dr there told me that it was something called tic along with dental problems for me to see my dentist after they did a ct .the dentist said that it looked like I had abseede teeth so he pulled the two teeth that he said he thought was infected but the knot and numbness was still thereso I went back to the dr andthe dr said that they think the infection had got down to the nerves in my chin and that it should go away but what I want to know is   is this possibale I have had infected teeth before but now  all I have is numbness I have no pain have you ever heard of this  

This discussion is related to numbness on bottom of lip on left side and to chin a week after an extraction of a back tooth due to an abscess.
sounds like you are feeling effects of Paresthesia ... if they pulled teeth from the bottom, your mandubular teeth are very close to the nerve, it is possible that he could have caused some nerve damage.... the numb feeling should go away in a few weeks....
Recently i been suffer from decay in my tooth / nerve they gave me an antibiotic still on it but when i woke up i felt my bottom left sidr of lip and chin were numb and feel and uncomfortable feeling in my lip should i go to the er