oral discoloration

23. Smoker with acid reflux. The roof of my mouth is purple and orange. My soft palate is yellow with red veins. There are small bumps in my throat. No pain or trouble swallowing.  I'm most concerned about two large flesh colored bumps near my uvula. Also painless. Any idea what is wrong?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing an oral surgeon or ENT physician is advised.
Make an appointment with an oral surgeon to have an oral cancer screening. They have fluids and special lights they can put on these areas of concern to see if there is anything nefarious brewing. Get into a smoking cessation course. Read about the link between smoking and acid reflux. The color changes are not normal and are a warning sign, which you already picked up on.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community