Dental Health Forum

painful gum after a crown

I had a crown put on a broken tooth 10 days ago. I still have an ulcer and quite a bit of pain on the gum under the crown. The novacaine injection hurt terribly, like never before. Could there have been some damage that I still have pain. The office told me to keep gargling with salt water. But after 10 days, the ulcer from what I think was trauma from the instruments is still here. Can this trauma cause an abscess?
The trauma will not cause an abscess but at this point the ulcer should be healing. If it has not I would certainly have your dentist look at it.
oral traumatic ulcer usually heals within 10-14 days uneventfully, unless secondary infection or other systemic condition present.
Thanks for the reply. Just had Xrays done and it is not a nerve problem. Looks like I have a chemical burn from the septicaine he used. I am starting on steroids today.
A related discussion, pus in gum was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.