Dental Health Forum

painless ulcer like lump in mouth

About six months ago I noticed that I had a small painless ulcer sized lump on the inside of the bottom row of my gums. I kinda ignored it, which maybe I shouldn't have, but today it is still there. I am pretty sure that it has not grown at all though.
The tooth above it hurts a little.
I am going to see my doctor in a few days but until then I am tearing my hair out with worry.
What are the chances that these two lumps are connected? Could the one in my mouth be anything apart from the C word????
I have pretty bad teeth if that helps.....

Thank you very much for you time.

Jow
It would very difficult to give you any opinion without seeing the lesion, but i would say that any sore that does not heal within 7 to 10 days should be examined.
sorry ignore the 'these two lumps are connected' thing.

i am only concerned about the small painless lump in my mouth.

dos not sound serious-- if the tooth hurts it may be an abcess drainage point called a fistula. but you should have it evaluated.
i hope not.  whenever i searched google I always find that 'small painless mouth ulcer' means cancer...
that is pretty scary.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.