Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

periodontal disease

i have this periodontal disease and ime at the point where ive been talking with dentist bout extracting all my teeth before i have no more bone left in my gums to even fit dentures. ive beensearching ways to help with this thing and on the internet i found a toothpaste called natures smile toothpaste balm that supposedly stops this disease, my question is has anyone tried this and does it really work or is it a scam.
1 Responses
Periodontal disease is a toughy.  It's a problem where bacteria attack the bone surrounding the teeth and dissolves it.  The bacteria travels along the periodontal ligament. Because of this, teeth can, as I'm sure you have found,  fall like dominoes.

Have you considered implant supported dentures?  I don't think a toothpaste is going to help as the bacteria is well below the gumline where toothpaste could reach.

If you still have sufficient bone, perhaps LANAP surgery would help.  It's laser gum flap surgery to remove areas that can hold the bacteria.  

Other than surgical remedies, there's not much you can do if you reached the stage where you are considering pan extractions.

Good luck, but IMO, do put your $ where it can really help.

Best to you,
Gellia
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.