Dental Health Forum
when i push on the roof of my mouth with my tounge and push forward with my tounge it puts a bunch of pressure on one of my front teeth and that tooth off and on hurts, it has been filled about a year a go and i dont see anything wrong with it do you know what could be wrong with it i hope you can help its worrying the heck out of me
You might want to get it checked out by your dentist.  I'm guessing it may either be some trauma to the area, gingivitis if you haven't had a cleaning in awhile, or possibly an abscess on the tooth.  Since you had a filling, there's always a chance that the tooth may have gotten infected inside.
my last cleaning was 6 months ago next week is my appt for cleaning but im gonna call tommorrow and let them know whats going on im also wondered if i could have cut my gums flossing but dont know if that would make my tooth hurt like that
Probably not.  That's good you had a cleaning 6 months ago.  I'm glad you're following through with your routine checkups and cleanings.  I'm sure they can squeeze you in for at least a checkup on that problem area before your routine cleaning.
if i does turn out to be an abcess is there any way to save my tooth without doing a root canal? ive always heard they have to pull the tooth no matter what thanks for all your help
Well, it does have an abscess, a root canal should solve the problem as long as there's not a fracture in the tooth itself.  They don't necessarily have to pull the tooth.  You may not even need a root canal.  Hopefully its something simple.  I've had a patient who had swelling and discomfort and when I went to check it out, I found a popcorn shell stuck in the gums causing the problem.  
so how do you get the popcorn shell out lol ive wondered if thats happened to me about 6 months ago i had one get stuck in the area where im having the problems, i thought i got it out but since all this started its had me wondering, im gonna go to the dentist in the morning, i told them i was gonna try to hold out till next week for my cleaning but i cant take it anymore gotta get it taken care of worst pain of my life lol
I just used a basic instrument and sorta of felt around and it popped out.  Ya, just let them know and I'm sure they can accomodate you if you're in pain.
so just got back from the dentist it is an abcess and their gonna have to root canal my tooth, got me nervous as hell now lol wont the root canaled tooth eventually break and fall out?
Uhm.  Its possible.  But it may occur years down the road.  

If the tooth is structurally compromised, they may need to put a crown on it after they do a root canal.  A post (metal rod) may need to be inserted as well to provide support for the crown.
so dumb question but will a root canaled tooth still get cavities?? thanks for all your help, i dont have alot of people that's had any of this done to talk to and ask questions about it all
Yes, a tooth with a root canal can still get re-infected with a cavity or any other problem.
will this abcess make my other teeth hurt like hell too untill its gone??
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.