Dental Health Forum

red bumps under tounge

I have red bumps under my tounge and two that are behind my lower bottom teeth on the gums, when i went to the dentist 4 months ago they took a picture of one of them behind my lower teeth, now im starting to get them under my tounge, he didn't say what it was though. I heard you can get warts in your mouth, but they dont look anything like the pictures online, what could they be? The one he took a picture of i have had a little over a year, it hasnt gotten bigger, but the other ones have started showing with in the last month. Is there anything i can do to try to get them to go away, besides lazering them off? Thank you for your help.
The only way to find out what is going on would be to get a biopsy done.  That means they got to remove the bumps and look under a microscope to find out what it is.  It doesn't sound serious at the moment but the fact that its progressively spreading is a good reason to get a biopsy just for peace of mind and possible treatment once you find out what it is.  It may be something simple like a fibroma (traumatic injury) that has resulted in a bump.  Do you have a tongue stud or anything that may possibly injure that area?
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.