Dental Health Community

reduce swelling and allow mouth to open

I had an abcessed tooth removed on Monday July 20. I am taking Amoxicillin 875 - 125. It is now Friday July 24. I can still hardly open my mouth. What should I do to help the process of allowing me to open my mouth and redice swelling?

This discussion is related to tooth abscess.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Going back to your dentist to have a post op exam is advised. Your descriptions suggest presence of bacterial resistance to amoxicillin. Switching to other antibiotics may help sooner recovery.
An abscessed tooth refers to an infection in the tooth that spreads to the root tip of the affected tooth. Below are some fantastic, cost-effective tips to help you treat the tooth at home.
Rinse with salt water
Use raw garlic juice
Brush with clove oil
Treat with turmeric
Apply peppermint oil
Read more: http://healthyteethblog.com/natural-home-remedies-for-abscessed-tooth/