Dental Health Forum

root canal

I had a root canal done 1 week ago and my lip and teeth on my lower right side is dumb..its the tingly numbness that you have when the numbness is wearing off..What could this possible be?
It is possible it is from the local anesthesia. It is possible that the injection was very close to the nerve and it was traumatized. In  all likelyhood the feeling will return. How long is hard to say.
did you hace it since your last visit?? it sounds like a paresthesia from the injection-- ie damage to the nerve from the  needle-- it happens sometimes, and usually goes away--- but it can take months in some cases.
It started after the root canal.  It just feels like the numbness wont wear off
it sounds to me like a nerve paresthesia- the nerve that innervates the affected teeth and lip was probably traumatized by the needle--- it should resolve but may take time. see your dentist to confirm it.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.