tiny sore under tongue

I'm  a 39 year old mail don't drink  and never smoked  for the last 3 weeks I've had this painful small sore under my tongue right at the base in the middle and pain under  my chin by my throat and no doctor seems to know what's going on. they look at the sore and say i'm not sure what it is or why your having pain in your neck area let's just keep watching it.
any ideas would be helpful.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So no history of trauma or injury?  Does it swell up or hurt any particular times of the day?  I'm thinking it may be a salivary gland problem such as a blocked duct.
Helpful - 1
Whats the cause of it and whats the recommended treatment?  
Helpful - 0
Since I posted I saw a ENT and that's exactly what was going on he diganosed me with
STOMATITIS AND MUCOSITIS .
Helpful - 0
He said the cause is viral  and he's using a wait and see treatment. I go back to him in Aug unless they get bigger.
Helpful - 0
Ah ok.   Hope things improve.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.