Dental Health Forum
hi about 9 years ago i had severe jaw and neck pain and i saw an oral surgeon who told me i had tmj so i wore an acrylic splint on the top part of my mouth. i wore it for 2 years with no relief so then i went to another oral surgeon who said i was wearing the wrong splint and made me a soft one that went on my bottom teeth and i wore that for 3 years and went monthly for adjustments. i got no relief so then they did an arthosentesis and i still got no relief. now i use no splint and i am under pain management (neurontin and baclofen and lexapro for the anxiety) for my severe jaw and neck pain. i have tried all remedies and have gotten no relief yet the pan and seth that i had taken showed i had tmj. can you please comment on this. thank you
Two things that I can gather from your experience and discomfort. I do not specialize in TMJ dysfunction. First you must understand that some TMJ problems are associated with stress and anxiety. I do not know if that is a factor in your case.If the pain and discomfort are as bad as you say then my suggestion is that you see a doctor that only specializes in TMJ dysfunction. You probably can get a referral from either your general dentist, your local dental society or a dental school if there is one in your area.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.