Dental Health Forum

tooth abscess

I am on clindamycin 300mg for a tooth abscess. The dentist drilled a hole in the tooth for drainage. The swelling seems to be going down, but very slowly.Is this typically a slow process?
Yes, it can take a few days for the swelling and antibiotics to work together to reduce the swelling.  The dentist will probably close up the hole eventually to prevent bacteria from going back in though as soon as the swelling reduces.  I would imagine it'll be 2-3 days.
A related discussion, reduce swelling and allow mouth to open was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.