Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

tooth abscess

I have never had a tooth abscess until now. I called my dentist and they are trying to help me to keep cost down bc I have no insurance and xmas is right around corner so money is tight.  I have a back molar that broke about 3 months ago ive been trying to save up for root canal but now I think I will need it pulled. The tooth stopped hurting and then I got the pus pocket under it that would flare up but then go down. Now its present and I can tell my gum on that side has some swelling compared to the other side. No bad pain just sore to touch from the outside of my cheek. Im calling my dentist monday my friend gave me so amoxicillin and my dentist called me some in a month ago I never took that im picking up tmrw. My question is will my dentist do anything monday. ? Or does the infection need to be more controlled? Im panicking bc I start training for a new job this week. And how serious does this sound without freaking me out ive been reading how it can lead to death and bone decay and im scared now!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
A dental examination is necessary for appropriate diagnosis and management of your condition. It is possible that your dentist has prescribed antibiotics for preventing spread of infection. If there is dental decay you may need treatment for the cause. The treatment can be decided only after in you whether you will need root canal or extraction. Dental cavities if left untreated can lead to serious complications like dental abscess or spread of infection to surrounding structures. For more queries and concerns visit your dentist and get evaluated. Hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.