tooth extraction while under medication (eltroxin and depakote)

Is it safe to have a tooth extraction while you are under certain medications?  I am currently taking eltoxin 50mcg (levothyroxin sodium) in the morning and depakote 500mg (divalproex sodium) in the evening.  I am for schedule to have tooth extraction this weekend.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am not familiar with pharmacology of your medication.Consultation with your physician is advised.
They say on divalproex you need to be careful brushing and flossing because you can be more prone to infection.  I would at least mention to the dentist what you are taking before the tooth extraction
Divalproex makes lost people heal more slowly as well...

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community