Dental Health Community

tooth growing behind top teeth

hi, i am 23 years old and i have a tooth growing behind my top teeth. I'm going to the dentist Monday, but I'm freaking out because I'm scared I might loose my big front tooth. Has this ever happend to anyone and what happend. I don't have any insurance, so who knows how much this is going to cost.

This discussion is related to Bony lump underneath gum, behind lower front teeth, in front of tongue.
I've seen a small supernumary tooth behind the front teeth before. The patient just left it there. You couldn't see it from the front and it didn't effect the other teeth.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions suggest a superneumary tooth, which is not uncommon. If it's not completely intrabony, simple extraction is indicated.