Dental Health Community

tooth pain and popping

I am scheduled for a root canal in a few days. I have a hole in a molar that got infected and now have an abscess. I have just  finished my antibiotics. Tonight within ten minutes I went from normal everyday no pain to oh my God I feel like someone is slowly ripping my tooth out.  It lasted for about an hour then the tooth had a rather prominent pop and then throbbing and pulsing inside the tooth for roughly ten seconds, then the pain eased. This has gone on for a few hours now, the pain increasing to almost unbearable tearing pain to a pop and release. Is this normal? Should I go back to  the dentist or wait until after the root canal like scheduled? Is this something I should be worried about?
A dental examination is necessary for appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your condition.Tooth decay if left untreated can result in tooth abscess. Prompt treatment can save the tooth and a root canal may be recommended in an attempt to save the tooth. Untreated abscesses may get worse and can lead to life-threatening complications. You may need antibiotics for a prolonged duration and anti-inflammatory drugs if there is pain associated with it. Consult and get treated as soon as possible. For more queries and assistance visit a doctor. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!