Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

tooth pain and popping

I am scheduled for a root canal in a few days. I have a hole in a molar that got infected and now have an abscess. I have just  finished my antibiotics. Tonight within ten minutes I went from normal everyday no pain to oh my God I feel like someone is slowly ripping my tooth out.  It lasted for about an hour then the tooth had a rather prominent pop and then throbbing and pulsing inside the tooth for roughly ten seconds, then the pain eased. This has gone on for a few hours now, the pain increasing to almost unbearable tearing pain to a pop and release. Is this normal? Should I go back to  the dentist or wait until after the root canal like scheduled? Is this something I should be worried about?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
A dental examination is necessary for appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your condition.Tooth decay if left untreated can result in tooth abscess. Prompt treatment can save the tooth and a root canal may be recommended in an attempt to save the tooth. Untreated abscesses may get worse and can lead to life-threatening complications. You may need antibiotics for a prolonged duration and anti-inflammatory drugs if there is pain associated with it. Consult and get treated as soon as possible. For more queries and assistance visit a doctor. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.