Dental Health Community

tooth pain

I am pregnant but I have pain in my tooth what can I do to relieve the pain
During pregnancy, hormones of your body may affect your body strength which can lead to periodontal infection such as pain in affected gums and teeth. During pregnancy, a sensitive tooth is one of the common dental issue and the most common causes of sensitive teeth are:

• Imbalanced hormones activity.
• Increased blood flow.
• Gums disease.

But, there is no need to worry about this critical situation because you can easily handle this type of common dental issue with some extra care and attention. You need to maintain good oral hygiene habits to keep your smile healthy. Some of the good oral hygiene habits are given below,

• Use a soft bristled tooth brush.
• Reduce the consumption of sugar.
• Avoid alcoholic and sticky food.
• Go for regular dental checkup.

You can also try small ice to stop your toothache. Place a piece of ice in plastic bag and wrap a thin cotton cloth around the bag and apply it to the affected part for 10-15 minutes. It helps you to numb your nerves and also reduce the toothache. But, to get more relief consult your doctor as soon as possible.