Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

white tongue needing lazer surgery

Hi, I had a brain turmor successfully removed on April 3 of this year, but then developed a spinal fluid leak and had to have a second surgery in which they removed the workings of my right  ear and put in a fat graft.  O was in the hospital for just over a month.  The watery SF drainage has now become an extremely thick mucous that I usually can not even swallow because it is too thick to go down.  Two days after surgery, I developed thrush on my tongue, gums and throat. I have been treated for over four months now with various strengths of magic mouth wash and oral diflucan with no improvement, just worsening.  I had a biopsy done and it showed it was not thrush, or cancer.  I also have the most horrible bitter taste that results in me not being able to eat because i cant stomach the taste and throw up; so now i have a feeding tube.  I was so relieved that the doc knew what it was, that i just went blank and didnt ask questions.  He says the one and only treatment is laser tongue resurfacing and will most likely have to be done twice as in most cases it does require a second surgery.  I do know the post op is painful, there is massive scabbing and I will be forbidden to speak for a while. My surgeon scheduled the surgery but then went away on vacation, and I am kicking myself for not asking what this is inside my mouth.  It must be something I contracted during surgery because I did not have it until 48 hours after the first surgery.  I just wondered if you can give me any ideas as to what this might be...a fungus...infection?  I am now really finding myself needing to know what this is, but with my doctor gone, I have no one to ask.  I would appreciate any ideas you might have and could share with me.  Thank you.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.