Depression/Mental Health Forum

Accent Criticism

I speak with a slight "unkown origin British accent" I don't know why I do that? People, often think I am from Ireland. I think there may be a correlation between how I speak to myself in my thoughts and the audible verbal accent that people hear. All the while I have this grin on my face that nobody understands.  In short, it makes for a lousy personality. I have often read about people who say they feel better when they are themselves. The smiling and the accent must be some kind of avoidence to being seen has a product of domestic abuse. I feel as though, I would have to put on a show to stop my smiling and accent behavior. You see, I have forgotten how to be me. This is my analysis. Perhaps, I have it wrong. Why would a person smile too much and why would a born American person speak with an accent from another country?
I am not sure whether this is a separate question or from the same person who asked the last, very similar question.  At any rate, my answer is the same. The accent and the smile are both masks that cover up what you are ashamed of, and in so doing, you lose contact with what you are really feeling, and you lose the flexibility to learn from experiences and relationships because rigid control is necessary.  I strongly suggest therapy...there you will discover that all of your fears of exposure are greatly exaggerated.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area