Depression/Mental Health Forum

Anxiety Symptoms.

Is one of the symptoms of an anxiety disorder a nervous chest?  I constantly get butterflies in my stomach and chest, I have had heart tests and everything is fine.  I am on Paxil 20 mg that cleared up the insomnia, crying spells, trouble swallowing na d dizziness (for the most part).  It is my busy season at work and I am getting the chest nervousness and discomfort as well as neck aches.  Is this common with anxiety?  Even though I am on 20 mg Paxil?

Thanks.
Yes , it is common with anxiety and stress. The paxil is not magic, you can't cut out all of the signals of stress, and you have a good response. Now trying quieting yourself down with meditation, or yoga, or just finding some way to not hurry as much during your busy season.
say a prayer before you start your job.  also, make sure to have a good diet and excercise.  i have anxiety and hate it.  but, sometimes i say the rosary as i am driving.  i hate red lights.  but, make sure you get your 8 hrs of sleep before you start out your crazy day at work.  yea, sometimes i feel chest pains.  give it to God.
With my anxiety disorder it was finally diagnosed by 4 different doctors that an idiopathic anyphlaxis episode set my anxiety disorder off.. As post traumatic stress can trigger panic attacks.  It is horrible to live with and i am scared to stop paxil as I alway think the anxiety attack is an anaphylactic episode not much difference in the throat onset.  Except I don't loose conciousness with the anxiety.. Xanas is to addicting so I don't take one unless anxiety is breaking through at work.. I am a nurse and it is very embaressing when I can't control it.  The doctors I work with are great but sometimes I think if you've never had an attack they look at you like you are a little crazy and we joke about it but it isn't funny to me... laugh anyway...
This is a horrible condition to live with I use to not understand patients that told me of the symptoms now I have so much compassion and try to help all I can as it is scary.
money1- i read on another forumn about your perioral dermatitus, i had the same situation, did it clear up for you?
I have pain in my jaw, back, shoulder, arms and shoulder, I know some of these pains are directed
at osteoarthritis. I also have a very nervous stomach, with gerd and constipation or diarrhea most
of the time. I try to exercise every day, but sometimes the pain stops me. I was hospitalized for
6 weeks, with severe panic attacks, but that was 20 years ago. The pain in my jaw is not that bad,
but it scares me, because It doesn't seem to fit in. I'm not on any medication for anxiety, but I'm
on oxycodone for pain. Presently I'm Completely confused, because of symtoms I don't understand.  
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area