Depression/Mental Health Forum

Celexa and anxiety question.

I am taking 10mg of Celexa, I have noticed that I sweat alot more and have trouble sleeping, is this normal and how long should it last. Also I have GAD and Depression, but sometimes I feel like I cannot take a deep breath, doctor said I am chest breathing. Have you ever heard of this and can you explain it to me. Thank You
The sleeping problems with celexa usually wear
off after a few months.   If you are taking the celexa at bedtime, you should
switch to am dosing.  the sweating problem is a bit more difficult to deal
with. it has a tendency to persist, and there are usually no effective
remedies.
The breathing difficulties you describe may be induced by the celexa;
its a rare side effect and has no particular remedy and tends to persist. YOu
might do better on another antidepressant.
i've been taking celexa for 1+yrs.  at first i had difficulty sleeping and switched to taking med in the AM.  Worked for me.

I've decided to get off meds.  Did it cold.  Am having flu-like symptoms and feeling extremely emotional.  Is it safe to ride it out?
i started to take celexa and noticed the sweating more often as well.i suppose its better than dealing with anxieties.my dreams are definitly more vivid as well.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area