Depression/Mental Health Forum

Depression

I have recently started taking Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety.  One of the side effects I am having is agitation and irritability.  As a teacher and a mother these side effects are not very tolerable.  Will the agitation/irritability lessen or go away?  Or will the side effects always be there? How long will it be before I can feel a change?

Melanie
Melanie, this medication does cause agitation and irritability. It is an indication that you are taking too high a dose, too soon.  Lowering the dose and/or combining it with a drug like Prozac, is one way of handling these side effects which probably will not go away at this dose level.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area