Depression/Mental Health Forum

Depression...getting over many things

Ok has to be  short =).  I am just now starting on wellbutrin but I havent yet found any therapist.  I am trying to get over a relationship so bad that it basically crushed me, but moron that I am I still love her...though it has been many months and she already moved on.  I instigate contact with her and she basically tears me up and tells me to go die...not the most compassionate person.  I cant understand why it ended up like that when the year and a half we were together she couldnt stop saying she loved me.   In any case my question
I would like to know if you have any ideas on where I could find some sort of low income solution to therapy.  I have a little money and i am currently paying for my own psychiatrist visits etc..but as I am not working due to being so depressed I am very hesitant to go out and try to find a good psychologist just to find out that I cant afford it.
As for the bad relationship thing...I dont know how to avoid wanting to talk to her.  I feel that I am scarred from this relationship and the 2 attempts I made at dating the females fell for me right away and I found that I couldnt get over the bad relationship so I had to end it.  I cant move on and i cant get over it !  Darn catch 22's.
1. Anyway...Any ideas on a way to find a good psychologist even though I wont be able to afford 100 dollars a session or even 50 would start to be difficult very quickly.
2. Taking Wellbutrin or any psychiatric medication how long would you say I should stay on it before I should expect some sort of results.  I believe I have been depressed a good deal of my life if that has any bearing.
You should expect results from Wellbutrin by the end of the second week, and getting better, and you should stay on it for as long as you need, until you feel well and function well.

Low cost therapy is hard to find but the place to start searching is a community mental health center in your home town or an outpatient center at a university medical center.

You can get some inexpensive help online by going t0 www.masteringstress.com.
After reading many of the posts about medications I have a very major concern.  this would amount to my third question I guess so...
3. I took acutane once upon a time, I didnt have to stay on this forever, it actually changed my body permanently so that I didnt have to stay on it after the 6 month period.  With anti depressants is this possible or am I looking at a life of pills?  I am the most anti drug person I know, I dont ever get sick, and even after a shoulder surgery I only took 2 of the pain pills to help sleep 2 nights then tossed them.  Am I going to be changing my body with these things or are they some sort of replacement that I am looking at taking forever?
(It is hard to fit these questions in at the psychiatrists office...only been once so far =))
One last thing =).
Narcissist ?

I took this from a post further down...is this treatable?  This is my X about 99%.  
An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

1. Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion

2. Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)

3. Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply)

4. Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends

5. Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her

6. Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted

Some of the language in the criteria above is based on or summarized from:

American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition, Text Revision (DSM IV-TR). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.

In terms of your getting over the relationship, the BEST advice I can offer (having gone through this myself - thinking I would DIE from the pain) is to BUY and READ the Bruce Fisher book REBUILDING WHEN YOUR RELATIONSHIP ENDS. Then find out where you can attend the workshop that is based on this book. I attended the 12 week workshop twice. You will be with people going through exactly the same thing.  You will learn that you are NORMAL, and that you will heal.  You will identify where you are in the healing process and continue climbing the steps until you reach freedom. These workshops did much more for me than individual therapy . . .and it is affordable.  When you DO get over this relationship . . . and you WILL . . . you'll wonder what you ever saw in her. Believe me.  I've been there. Good luck.
I know what I saw, and most of it was an illusion i superimposed hehe.  I thought things of her that werent true, as does she.  That post describing narcissism(sp) above your post describes her quite well, she had compassionate moments though...
In any case my problem is just that I cant get over it hehe =P, mixed with lots of other tragedies that struck right around the time of that relationship.  Thanks for responding though =).
sorry I can't work out your post... who is this dianostic for? you or her?

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area