Depression/Mental Health Forum

Is Modiiodal an effective treatment for ADD?

My 6 years old suffer from ADD and I would like to know if Modiodal is effective for ADD.
Currently Modafinil is used in the treatment of hypersomnia associated with narcolepsy. Since it has stimulating properties and is safer than Ritalin, it would be an ideal alternative.

Thanks and Regards
There is a forum for on this site for child behavior and they can answer this question better than I.  I do not have any direct experience treating children.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area