Depression/Mental Health Forum

Lexapro, nervous jitters

After being off 10 mg of Lexapro for 30 days my new doctor put me back on it saying that 10 mg was not a large enough dosage to be theraputic for me. I took 10mg a day for the first 7 days and now have taken 20 mg a day for the last 7 days. For the last two days I have felt very nervous, not really anxious, just kinda like I was crawling out of my skin. Is the normal and how long should I expect it to take to start feeling the benefits of the higher dosage? Thank you very very much for your responses.
Lexapro has that stimulant effect that you describe. It sometimes goes away in a week or two, or you get used to it, but if not, you should talk to your doctor about a 15 mg./day to see if that effect continues.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area