Depression/Mental Health Forum

Lexapro and Mania

I was taking 300mg of Lamictal, 10mg of Geodon, and 40mg of Lexapro when I had a manic epsiode. I had never had an episode while on meds before. Is this an unusually high dosage of Lexapro for a bipolar to be taking? I remember the pharmacist had to get special approval for prescribing the dosage.
You are right, in bipolar, lexapro is the one that may have set off the manic episode...the other two would not, in fact, should have the opposite effect.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area