Depression/Mental Health Forum

Lexapro for OCD

I have had OCD for a long time in my life. I have been on Lexapro for about 2 years now. I have recently been on 40 mg of Lexapro and have felt alright but not my full potential. My Dr. put me on 60 mg of Lexapro to see if this helps. I have had no side effects from this drug and that's why she is willing to go so high. My question is since I have been on this drug for about 2 years, how long will it take after upping the dosage for me to see an improvement????
A difficult question to answer because you are starting with an assumption that the medication can bring you to your full potential.  Only you can do that.  Blunts the symptoms and gives you the opportunity so do the self improvement work you need to do and don't think of the medication as a magical potion.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area