PLEASE HELP

I'm apparently in a state which I'm totally disoreientated and I having somesort of illness which my doctors won't recgonised, and they always say are temporary, but still happening, and is totally distracting me from my normal life, and destroyed my entire life for the past year. And I'm constantly on a mood swing, always saying to myself that I'm perfectly fine, but at times when the physical symptoms appear again, I started to get really unhappy and always had the thoughts of suicide, but not brave enough to do so. Everyday, I get to work on the morning, I always say to myself that I don't think of the physical symptoms and I will concentrate, and for a week or so I will be much better, but that's what I'm battling thru everyday. And I always illusion or daydream if I could be back to the past to be the really HEALTHY PERSON, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY.

The story begins in last year, when I had a really stressful exam in July last year, and since then I started to lose hair like 50-60 a day, or more at times, and I started to have the habit of looking at the mirror all the time then I was really streessed, and the I started to carry this stressful state for another 2 months and in August, I started to have gangivitis, and the gums have been receeding since then, and for another two more months, in October, my eyes started to get floaters, and some shiny dots wondering around, which I then got checked recently which happens to due to cracks on my retinas on both eyes, which I only had 300 short sighted on both eyes. And now what's really bothering, is I started to see the skin on my hands, face and all over my body, started to get dry and some wrinkles. And my hands at times, when I let them hanging, I could see my hands really look black and purplish which is a bit uncommon. And I could see the skin is being dry out from underneath. I always had realy bad sore throat. Always needed to drink water and urine often. I always feel part of my skin is buring and tiggling and then the skin underneath, looks dry and old.

Everytime I see this symptoms, I often tell myself that there is something wrong in my body.
NO DOCTORS CAN CLASSIFY MY PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS.

AM I MENTALLY ILL? AND ARE THESE SYMPTOMS STRESSED CAUSED? AND HOW CAN I DISTINGUISH REALLY ILLNESS CAUSED SYMPTOMS FROM STRESS CAUSED ONCE.

PLEASE HELP.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Since no physical doctor has been able to find a cause for all of these ailments, it is very likely that there is a strong psychological component on top of some real physical symptoms that are being magnified because of anxiety.  You need a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist. You may need a trial of anti-anxiety drugs to see what that does for you.  There is definitely an answer and definitely hope for you if you can find the right doctors.
Helpful - 0
I am definitely no doctor or an expert, but have you ever been checked for diabetes?  Your symptoms sound a lot like a friend of mine prior to him being diagonosed with diabetes.  Just a thought.
Helpful - 0
Wow, Theresa: you're right; he really does sound diabetic.
But I also think with the obsessions and stressed out feelings he has , as doc says, some psychiatric problems are also apparent.
Seems to me his mind is magnifying his symptoms.
Helpful - 0
SUSAN AND THERESA,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES,

THERESA
WHAT SYMPTOMS DO YO FRIEND HAS?

AND WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DIABETES?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Depression/Mental Health Forum

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area