Depression/Mental Health Forum

Re: ADHD + social phobia or what ?

Posted By Wss on March 09, 1999 at 09:56:20:

In Reply to: ADHD + social phobia or what ? posted by Rich on March 05, 1999 at 05:11:36:

I am a 21 year old student and I have been troubled all my life with the following problems:
When I am on my own, I find it very difficult(impossible) to stay seated to do homework or study. Instead I find an irresistible need to stay running around (eg: in my room) for hours and daydreaming while running around. In front of people I don't behave like this and behave normally, since people seem to attract my attention. My psychiatrist said that people with ADHD behave like this all the time not only when they are alone.
When I smoke a cigarette and do an big effort I succeed to study for some time and then I start again.
In front of people I have a different problem. With most people,(besides family members and a few close friends)I tend to feel very anxious when talking to them and blush, sweat from my hands and panic. I also tend to avoid situations where I know I will meet people and feel anxoius.
My parents (and I think the psychiatrist as well) find it difficult to believe me. However I am feeling that I cannot continue this way all my life and I want to do something about it.

I think I have the same problem... U probably have no ADHD but ADD that's pretty mutch of the same thing... but then without hyperactivity..
If u want to know more just mail me.. I also can sent u a model/checklist to see if u have ADD or ADHD or ADSD ...
With ADD you are slower and lazyer then normal..
With ADHD you more active.. hyperactife..
With ADSD you are more Impulsive then normal..
***@****
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area