Depression/Mental Health Forum

Should I take Propranolol (Inderal) when I have a history of depression?

I am currently taking Propranolol (Inderal) 40mg for social anxiety, but I have been reading up on it and have found that a side effect can be depression. I am not currently on antidepressants and have not taken any regularly for about 1 year but have been on and off Prozac since I was 17 (now 23). The Propranolol (Inderal) is not taken daily it is only taken before encountering stressful situations. I would like to know the risks in relation to depression and whether I should consider reducing my dose or changing to another drug such as Atenolol (Tenormin)?
Using as intermittent doses should not lead to depression. It is always a good idea to use it as infrequently as possible and at the lowest dose that works.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area