Depression/Mental Health Forum

Why do we seem to know so little about Dissociative Identity Disorder?

Why is it so difficult to find doctors who know about DID?  You see it in the movies on television, and read about it in books.  
MOst psychiatrist do know a lot about this...that's who you should be talking too...
I have looked, and one very good one did not take my insurance after looking for sometime and another associated with him is moving as of today.
I live in THE Netherlands and here are still psychiatrics and general healthcare physisian which still deny the existence of DID. Most of The time they'll say it's to get attention (borderline personality disorder). It's so frustrating to be misunderstood and being blamed for something you can't stop from happening.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area