Depression/Mental Health Forum

Zoloft Start Up

Hello my name is John and I have been having trouble with anxiety since February 2010, some days are good but other days are bad its up and down.  I am very hesitant about taking SSRI's.  I tried one 20mg Celexa and it was the worst experience I have ever had so I stopped that.  Now the doctor is giving me 50mg Zoloft and was wondering how bad the start up side effects are, and if they are bad to keep taking it?
Sometimes it takes awhile before you find the right medication.
It's really hard to tell by 1 pill whether or not it's going to work.  Many side effects from these types medication subside within a short time and then their benefit kicks in.
Only you can tell whether or not your better off trying to find a medication that helps.
Give them a fair trial and follow your doctors instructions.  Take one day at a time and see how it goes.
Let us know how you are doing.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area