Depression/Mental Health Forum

Zoloft

I wrote to you on January 7 regarding my anxiety/Depression. I had been on zoloft for 7 years and weaned myself off, I had been off it for 5 months when everything came back, this time worse then ever, I cant fall asleep and if I do I wake up 2-3 hours later. I have never had that happen before, I have been on the Zoloft 8 weeks and 3 days, and it doesnt seem to be working this time, you had said to give it 1-2 more weeks, My question is do you really think I have a chance it will still work after this long? I have only been at 150 milligrams for 4 of those weeks, which is what I was at last time. Please let me know
Thank You llis
I think it is time to ask your doctor for a different antidepressant.
Has anyone ever switched over from zoloft to paxil cr, and if so how was it? Of course I am very nervous to be on both at the same time

llis
My doctor is saying to take the Zoloft one day and switch to the Paxil the next day.  Is that smart?   Will I freak out?
Hi ledwards
  I asked the doctor that question in a previous post about changing meds, It is on this forum, he said it is safer to overlap.  My doctor told me to try xanax for 5 days at night to sleep, and he thinks zoloft will start working for me again, so I am trying that first. He is a great doctor! Also I was on pamelor 15 years ago, and the doctor I had then would do blood tests to check my blood level, to see where the medicine level was at , he told me if the level goes above a certain amount you can also get depressed again and then you have to lower the meds. especially if you have been on a long time. The doctors these days do not seem to do that.
Hope this helps, keep in touch
Llis
Well.. My mom was given Zoloft, but i dunno why b/c she's not like really depressed or anything.  At times she could be but that is seldom.  She never took them and she is ok.  Me on the other hand could use some.  Well i'm not really sure.  What if i were to take the Zoloft?  If i were to need it then i would feel better right?  And if I felt funny then it means i dont need it? I am scared to go to the doctor and talk about myself b/c what if i get institutionalized?  So i'd rather just test the drug.  If you really aren't supposed to take it or if there is no chemical imbalance and you take zoloft.. would you feel a high? and if you did need it then would you feel normal?  I know what normal feels like b/c that is when I Am the happiest.  So, is it ok to take Zoloft to see if i were to really need it? Like to find out for sure if i suffer from depression?
I am currently doing research for an upcoming book which deals with the side effects and withdrawals people have experienced from Effexor XR and other (like) anti-depressants. I am interested in receiving any information current or former users would like to share concerning their experiences with these drugs. Please email me @:
beach-***@****
and thanks!
deb
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area