Depression/Mental Health Forum

death

my best friend died 3 weeks ago from cancer. He was 29. A week later my cousin took his own life and shot himself. there is not one hour in the day that i dont think of both of them. they are constanly in my head. The only thing is i feel so numb. I cant cry i want to . i miss them both so so much. But im angry if anyone talks about them, i just cant associate them with death. and when i think of my friend i just get a mental block, . why am i feeling so numb and is this normal.
Numbness is one phase of the mouring process. .it sounds like your grief is so profound, compounded by the shock of your cousin, that you are afraid to let go and feel. Give yourself time, and try to just let it happen.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area