Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

depression

i feel totally worn out can not do anything feel totally worthless and every day is getting to be a struggle i can not concentrate at work or do anything why do i feel so bad i have been taking pills for over a year now and still no better
1 Responses
Your depression seems inadequately treated if your symptoms have been persistent for over a year.
Your medications need to be reviewed by your physician and determine if an increase of dosage or a medication change is necessary.
Reserach shows that a combination of psychotherapy and medications is the most effective treatment for depression.Cognitive-Behavioral psychotherapy is particularly useful for the treatment of depression. You might reuqest a referral for this therapy.
Talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment plans.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area