Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

finding someone to speak to

Hi I just have a question, i feel like i am at the end of my rope. I have been cutting since I was in jr high, I am 25 now. I thinkIm depressed, I"m not rally eating, I feel like a zombie.  I try to find a psych that is under my insurance, but I am getting nowhere, no one is just right or I get a voice mail and no call back. The process of finding soemone to talk to is too overwhelming, I just wanna make one call and have someone else take care of the details. Is there some place you can call and have everything taken care of and actually speak to someone. I just feel very frustrated. I feel like tthis is my last option. and if this doesnt happen or work nothing else will.
3 Responses
242532 tn?1269553979
I don't know of any such service, but you can ask your general doctor for a referral, or ask him or her to call for you.  You might also ask your insurance company to do the same thing.
709671 tn?1252929332
you have some family members you could talk to? or may be some close friend?
Avatar universal
Try talking to your regular Doctor. They should be able to suggest someone to talk to. Like a referral, which is many times covered by insurance. Tell your doctor you are having a problem in contacting someone. Your Dr. should be able to call for you and get an appointment and then let you know. I hope this helps.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area