Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

lexapro withadrawls

im so glad i found you guys, i  identifiy with everything, especially the ZAPS  i just want to know when does it STOP!  please someone give me hope. thank you
3 Responses
242532 tn?1269553979
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
see answer below
242532 tn?1269553979
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
see comments below
280418 tn?1306329510
Hi there, I feel your pain.  I tried to go off Cymbalta and zaps galore, oh my gosh!  I couldn't even walk straight like a drunk and I finally called my Dr. who said, okay, go back on it.  I did because I was so nauseous from the zaps/dizziness that I just couldn't take it anymore.  For me, cold turkeying 60mg a day of Cymbalta was hell.  I gave in on the fourth day.  I am a tough person, but that was ridiculous.  So, we have slowly tapered to 30mg and now I get zaps when it its time to take it again (meaning I am already withdrawing after 24hrs).  I suppose if I ever want off, it is literally going to have to be over months of tapering.  Take care and hang in there....it can be done.  I did it off Zoloft and survived.  
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area