Depression/Mental Health Forum

meds for social phobia

Posted By Scott on May 08, 1999 at 20:34:47
I'm taking 30mg of Buspar a day for treatment of social phobia. I'm also taking 80mg of Propranolol LA for high blood pressure (and for treatment of social phobia). I am also seeking council with a psychologist.
I could deal with having social phobia if it wasn't for the physical evidence of it.  My main concern is to rid myself of over-blushing and over-perspiring episodes that occur every day.
Previously I'd been taking 20mg of Prozac for about 2 weeks until I'd read that Buspar could help with the physical evidence of social phobia.  I've been on Buspar for about a month now and haven't seen any real results.
My question is, can I take Prozac and Buspar at the same time?
Also, is there something else I could be taking for the blushing/sweating?  Thanks

Follow Ups:

Re: meds for social phobia HFHS MD-JM 5/11/1999
(0)

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area