Depression/Mental Health Forum

obsessive behavior

I am 30years old and have this obsessive behavior of picking my face. EX. pimples, blackheads, hairs and thing that I think dont belong. I pick my eyebrows and have even started picking my husband if he'll let me. I pick the hairs out of his beard. They arent long hairs they are the very tiny pieces just breaking through the skin. I even tweeze out my pubic hairs to bald spots.I feel like I cannot stop. everyday I tear my face apart poping pimples and things that havent even begun to come out yet. I feel crazy. Is there a treatment for this?
Yes, this is a form of ocd, and there is both medication and psychotherapy for this...see a psychiatrist who can do both and help you choose which will be best for you.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area