Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression/Mental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

obsessive behavior

I am 30years old and have this obsessive behavior of picking my face. EX. pimples, blackheads, hairs and thing that I think dont belong. I pick my eyebrows and have even started picking my husband if he'll let me. I pick the hairs out of his beard. They arent long hairs they are the very tiny pieces just breaking through the skin. I even tweeze out my pubic hairs to bald spots.I feel like I cannot stop. everyday I tear my face apart poping pimples and things that havent even begun to come out yet. I feel crazy. Is there a treatment for this?
1 Responses
242532 tn?1269553979
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Yes, this is a form of ocd, and there is both medication and psychotherapy for this...see a psychiatrist who can do both and help you choose which will be best for you.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area