Depression/Mental Health Forum

oppositional disorders

I am looking for any new information or treatments (behavioral) for children with Oppositional disorders
Dear Liz,

As with any other disorders, individual treatment plan needs to be developed. Limited research was done in the use of medications for ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).  Stimulant medications can be used if ODD co.-exist with ADHD ( Attention - deficit hyperactivity disorder). Medications are not usually recommended as an option.
Other treatment approaches that are found to be beneficial include family therapy, individual psychotherapy, parent management training and behavioural therapy. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely
HFHS-M.D.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area